LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant use school 7.1 vis with my 7.0 express I just bought!! I want money back!

I can't believe you wouldn't make the student versions read the files. Give me a break!

I made 3 files off the schools (UCSD) labview (MAE dept) and express won't open it. I am really mad!!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(3,471 Views)
Before finding a better solution to this problem, you can post these vis here, and somebody will convert them to LV 7.0 for you. For convenience, put all the vis in a single zipped file.

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 2 of 19
(3,464 Views)
The LabVIEW Student edition 7.1.1 just came out and is a big upgrade. It includes now quite a few toolkits.
Check HERE for details. It's also already for sale at some places.

Actually, you're in Luck!!! Just attend a free NI LabVIEW Hands-On Campus Workshop and you'll get a full copy of the new student edition for free. UCSD is next week (Feb 3.), so hurry and sign up. Good luck! 🙂
Message 3 of 19
(3,286 Views)
Actually, I did sign up. I got an email back saying it was full and I am on the wait list.

Of course I can get another version, but my point of compatibility is not answered. I guess that learning about the LabVIEW giveaway after buying (albeit MUCH cheaper than a full version) the 7.0 (recommended by professor) just got to me.

Would 7.0 on a Linux system open a 7.1 file?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(3,460 Views)
...thanks for the offer.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(3,457 Views)
Sorry, one of them (Op-Amp multichannel read.vi) did not convert by accident. Please use the attached versions for LabVIEW 7.0.
Message 7 of 19
(3,454 Views)
Thank you for converting the files. Support surely has made a difference here.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(3,451 Views)
Hi Micah,

It looks like Altenbach got you through this complication.

I would like to clarify a small point.

Both Altenbach and Chillt Charlie are not NI support. They are volunteers that work for stars!

If their suggestions or work helped, you can reward them with stars.

You can distunguish the volunteers from NI support in that the former have "bars of gold" under ther names. NI has blue bars.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 9 of 19
(3,421 Views)
Ben - thanks for the info.

A few things:
When logging into support at ni.com to submit my message (which started this thread) I was not under the impression that it would become a forum topic. I thought it was going to a NI engineer - it's NI support, right? I feel a bit ashamed it became a community topic. That was not the intent.

Also, Charlie and Altenbach: thank you for your support. I was able to continue my work at home, albeit temporarily.

Finally, realizing a program cannot usually open a newer version file didn't come to me at the time of my original post.
However, assuming that LabVIEW is C based, I don't see any real reason as to why 7.0 cannot open 7.1. Sure, I'll go to the seminar (I'm on the wait list) and hope for version 7.1.1 to open the 7.1 vi's created in the lab; this is just another testament that real engineering costs money.

Regards - Micah.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(3,377 Views)