LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot understand the reason why this code cannot be compiled. (Hybrid Mode, FPGA target)

Now, I am using CRio 9068 and some C series modules.

I want to make the pulse output from the digital modules and get the encoder data from the digital modules and other data from the analog module.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019PCsSAM&l=en-US

I confirmed this website to use hybrid mode and make the VI file to make pulse and get encoder data.

But, there are some errors  "The function is not currently supported on the target."

How can I solve this errors? Help...Plz.....

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,724 Views)

You cannot call File I/O function on FPGA.

Transfer the data to RT host and then save it.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
Message 2 of 3
(1,711 Views)

As Emboar already said, the File I/O functions are not available directly on the FPGA. Neither is the String datatype.

However, it looks like you're only trying to save a single number (per iteration).

This can be easily transferred to the RT host using a DMA FIFO (see Creating FIFOs in FPGA VIs (FPGA Module)) and then on the RT system, you can use the conversion node to a string and write the value into a file.

Usually, you'd also keep the file open between iterations (open at the start, close at the end, write many times in between) and just write the next value each iteration (without closing and reopening).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,666 Views)