LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot get the builder to create a installer for Motion and Fieldpoint drivers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,275 Views)
Please advise as to version/release of LabView.  Does error occur when actually building the installer?  Please give details.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,269 Views)
Hi RVjr,

What kind of problem are you having?  Do you receive an error when building the installer?  Can you provide details as to the versions of LabVIEW and these drivers?  Is the App Builder asking you to insert the original CD's you installed the drivers from?

We'd love to help you find an answer, though to do that we need a few more details about what problem you're seeing.   Please post back with more details and we'll help you more!

Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,259 Views)

The builder cannot find the driver on the disks or even if I send it to the desktop. The error claims that it needs to copy a component from a directory that does not exist. The builder will work only if I include just the labview Realtime 8.0.1. It creates the National Instruments installer just fine. But as soon as I include any other driver to the build it tryes to find this component in a deleted build folder.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,252 Views)
When you are adding items under the "Additonal Installers"  you should be able to select the "Installer Source Location" for each item.  Try setting this path to just the drive letter for your cdrom drive.  ( "D:\" is typical )  Installer should then prompt you for the CD it is looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,243 Views)