LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see the contents of help file

Hello Forum,

I am somewhat new to the forum.  I am trying break throught the LabVIEW learning curve.  I have a situation.  I am running labview on two separate computers.   When I right click an instrument driver and select help, on one computer i get an actual icon of the function and a description of the function with inputs and outputs but that computer does not have  aprinter.

When i do the same thing on the other computer that has a printer, the help file is blank.  The only thing that comes up is the table of contents.  But there isnt any contents.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,009 Views)

My question must be too basic for this forum.   Not sure.  Lots of activity on this board I cant believe how far down my question got.  better luck next time.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,002 Views)

You don't really give enough information to troubleshoot.

Do you really think that the presence or absence of a printer is important information for this problem? (e.g. it worked fine on both computers until you installed the printer).  I am sure there are other differences! 😄

We need significantly more relevant information:

What is your LabVIEW version?

What is your DAQmx version?

What is your OS version?

Do you have administrator priviledges?

How did you install the software? Did you try to repair the installation? Are any of the help files locked by the OS because they came from a different computer?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,999 Views)

Thank you Altenbach,

You are a gentleman and a scholar.  I will make sure that I get all the appropriate information next time.

Please forgive me for thinking there was enough information.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,994 Views)