From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't install LabVIEW due to, "NI LabVIEW 2012 SP1 32 bit must be installed before installing LabVIEW 2012 Lego Mindstorms NXT module."

Attached is the message that I get while attempting to install Lego Mindstorms NXT. Please help, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,398 Views)

II would try doing what the message tells you to do.  Install LV 2012 SP1 first!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,376 Views)

Attached is the error that pops up when I attempt to install LabVIEW 2012 SP1. I'm working on my schools network which has a good internet connection as I am posting to this forum. I checked my firewall settings and that says "Windows Firewall is turned off and is currently being managed my your system administrator." Though semi-rude responses may be effective, I could use some consturctive advice.  I attempted to search the "Info Code" provided, but with no luck.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,368 Views)

From your picture it looks like you are having trouble downloading the runtime engine.

Have you tried downloading the runtime engine directly rather than using the NI downloader?

If its 2012 SP1 32-bit use this one

http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/labview/labview_runtime/2012%20SP1/Windows/LVRTE2012SP1_f5Patchstd...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,352 Views)

@Brett_J wrote:

Have you tried downloading the runtime engine directly rather than using the NI downloader?

He does not need the run time engine, but the full LabVIEW development system.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,343 Views)

@Cdub73 wrote:

Though semi-rude responses may be effective, I could use some consturctive advice.

Well, the advice above was not rude in any way, but completely appropriate for the limited infirmation given in your first post.

Now you changed the story of the problem. Doesn't your school have a local copy of the installer?

Message 6 of 14
(4,337 Views)
The response from RavensFan. Since you did say that you had already tried to install 2012, his suggestion was perfectly valid. If you did try the install, then your question had incomplete information and that was totally your fault.

Since some security settings are managed by s system admin, you should contact your it department. You may also find that LabVIEW is available locally on the network. I suspect that you can also hop over to the college book store and purchase the student edition.

Also note that mindstorms is not supported on this board. There is a dedicated board for that.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,332 Views)

Though most of the responses continue to have a mildly harsh tone, most of the information being provided is helpful and I'm sure that my ignorance/stupidity can cause people to loose their patience. I'm attempting to start up an FTC team at my high school, but am very ignorant of the process and, of course, it's not going smoothly so far which I'm certain is entirely my fault, so continue with the harshness as long as it's accompanied with assistance as well.

The advice about installing runtime sounded great until I read the next post which stated, with a great level of perceived confidence, that that was not my problem. So, at this point, I plan to speak with my systems administrator before wasting anybody's time by posting more here.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,301 Views)

As a general word of advice for using support forums, it is typically counterproductive to criticise people who are trying to help. Words with strongly negative connotations like "rude" and "harsh" just do not belong in your answer, even if your personal definition of these words (maybe as translated from your native language) could have a significantly different meaning (click the links for the typical english usage!). All the posts above are worded perfectly and polite (except for your own sentences that contains these quoted words). 😮

How do you want us to anwer instead? It is not efficient to prepend every answer with "Good morning Cdub73 and thank you very much for posting here. How are you? I will do my best answering to my best knowledge. I hope you are fine" and end each post with "I truly hope that my answer will help you. I wish you a brilliant future and great succeess with your NXT project. With best regards, CA". We omit all these trimmings and stick to the essentials. This is a technical forum, not a social forum. You will get used to it. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,284 Views)

RavensFan, and all on this forum, I apologize for including the rude comment in my post; it was completely unnecessary and unwarranted. I am being sincere, have been thoroughly put in my place and educated, and would like for this to be the end of this aspect of the thread if possible. 

On the topic of me not being able to download/install LabVIEW 2012 SP1...I'm still waiting for a response from a systems administrator. An earlier post mentioned that this is not the forum for my problem so I will look elsewhere. If anyone has any suggestions on that subject I would appreciative of any advice or suggestions. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,251 Views)