LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't figure out what they are doing with these shared variables

Solved!
Go to solution

This is from the CompactRIO example provided by NI in LabVIEW 2020, called "LabVIEW FPGA Control on CompactRIO".

I'm basically just reverse engineering the example so I can apply it to my own project, but I can't figure out what the heck they are doing with these shared variables. 

qqqqqqqqqqqqq.png

They are writing to them in this subVI, but I can't find where they are reading from them. And I don't see any spooky streaming or anything going on where the reading might be "invisible" or hidden. Surely they are reading somewhere....what would be the point of writing to them?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(756 Views)
Solution
Accepted by David99999

Is there a "UI Main VI" in that same project?

Message 2 of 4
(744 Views)

Ah crap. Ok. I looked at that, but I was expecting to find shared variables that looked the same, but in read access mode. Now I see the the read variable functions

123.png

Never seen it done that way before! I wish the courses I've done just started out explaining it do it this way. I've basically been coding like a Neanderthal. But I guess that's my fault for not going further into the courses

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(732 Views)

Yes, you will learn many nuggets along the way that make something easier and you wish you had known it all along. There was a thread with many great, random nuggets in it: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Micro-Nuggets-Post-em-if-you-got-em/td-p/1276066?profile.language=e...

Message 4 of 4
(723 Views)