From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not see my CF-6004 device in MAX

Hi,

I have HP IPAQ PocketPC with Windows Mobile 2005, CF-6004
device, PDA 8.0.1 module and I installed DAQmx Base 2.0 on PocketPC. I followed instructions in documentation I get with DAQmx Base 2.0 and PocketPC is correctly conncted to PC.
But I can not see CF-6004 in MAX?!?
I found out somewhere that DAQmx Base support CF-6004 on Pocket PC 2003 OS but I did not found that information for Windows Mobile 2005 OS!

Thanks for help!

Andrej
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,257 Views)
Hello Andrej,

Devices that use the NI-DAQmx Base driver will not appear with Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX).  Instead, you should use the NI-DAQmx Base Configuration Utility found within LabVIEW under Tools > NI-DAQmx Base Configuration Utility.

Follow the instructions in the following Knowledgebase for loading the correct task list for use with the DAQmx Base shipping examples:

KB 3RRF2088: NI-DAQmx Base Task Configuration Utility Does Not Show PDA DAQ Device

Also, with the new DAQmx Base 2.1, you can now use the CF-6004 Compact Flash Device with the LabVIEW 8.20 PDA Module to target Windows Mobile 5.0 devices.

I hope this helps,

Travis G.
Applicaitons Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,237 Views)
Hi Travis,

Thank you!
I also found out that DAQmx Base 2.0 does not support Windows Mobile 2005, so I'll have to wait a few days to get 8.20 PDA Module!

Andrej

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,229 Views)