LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am working on a problem to send data over a datasocket

connection to a remote computer on the network(through a firewall).I would like to post the data to a specific directory on the remote computer.I would like to do this in real time as the VI is continously acquiring data.any suggestions on how to do this?I am working on a problem to send data over a datasocket connection to a remote computer on the network(through a firewall).I would like to post the data to a specific directory on the remote computer.I would like to do this in real time as the VI is continously acquiring data.any suggestions on how to do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,166 Views)
connection to a remote computer on the network(through a firewall).I would like to post the data to a specific directory on the remote computer.I would like to do this in real time as the VI is continously acquiring data.any suggestions on how to do this?You could write two applications, one for the data acquisition PC and one for the remote PC. The data acquisition PC could write data to the DataSocket Server, and the remote PC could read the data from the DataSocket Server and write it to disk. The remote PC could just open the file, and in a loop do DataSocket Reads and file writes.

Did you have any specific questions regarding how to do this?

Regards,

Chad H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,166 Views)