LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using LabView 5.0. I have made a program using the counter vi's,

to control the outputs on GPCTR0_OUT and GPCTR1_OUT. However the software delay or wait vi is very inconcistant. In fact it can very upwards to 12 ms variance. Is there a better delay, or is it possible to have a hardware delay insted of a software delay?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,241 Views)
to control the outputs on GPCTR0_OUT and GPCTR1_OUT. However the software delay or wait vi is very inconcistant. In fact it can very upwards to 12 ms variance. Is there a better delay, or is it possible to have a hardware delay insted of a software delay?What are you doing with your counters? Why are you delaying? Are you waiting for a trigger signal?

The solution depends on your problem, which you haven't specified. The are many ways in which one can "control the outputs" of a counter.

-Jim
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,241 Views)
to control the outputs on GPCTR0_OUT and GPCTR1_OUT. However the software delay or wait vi is very inconcistant. In fact it can very upwards to 12 ms variance. Is there a better delay, or is it possible to have a hardware delay insted of a software delay?I am not exactly sure how you are controlling the timing of your counters, but if you are using an E series board, these counters use a 20 MHz clock for timing, so you should be able to get at least microsecond resolution with them. I use them for very precise timing of events, and they work just fine. However, I'm using hardware delays to take advantage of the 20 MHz clock. Is there any way you can post your code so that we may help you further?

Mark
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,240 Views)