LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to use the Roaming VI Drive Towards Gap subVI to move my robot forward but I am getting a linear velocity of zero when my angle is 90degrees

I am using the Hokuyo URG-04LX LIDAR sensor for obstacle avoidance with the Simple VFH VI for calculating gaps. However I am encountering two major problems.

1. At an angle of 90 degrees my forward linear velocity is zero. This velocity is calculated by the Drive Towards Gap VI and I don't understand the formula for calculating the forward linear velocty was derived. Can anyone provide assistance?

2. The LIDAR sensor provides a lot of range data at a fast rate. When I input the array of data directly into the VFH VI the distance to the nearest obstacle is often seen as zero and hence the robot iconstantly reverse. I am not sure how to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,222 Views)

Hi PB,

Thank you for your post. 

I require a little more information about your system. Would it be possible to send the relevant sections of your code, or at least a screenshot so I can take a lot at what is going on?

Are you using the Hokuyo sensor drivers to pass data from your LIDAR? How have you configured the data transfer?

Thank you,

Eden S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,211 Views)