From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to create an executable vi that will call out another vi and show its front panel in the executable. When I try this I recieve this error message "top level vi (my main vi) was stopped at unknown on the block diagram of (my sub vi)

I am trying to create an executable vi that will call out another vi and show its front panel in the executable.  When I try this I recieve this error message "top level vi (my main vi) was stopped at unknown on the block diagram of (my sub vi)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,399 Views)

YUP,

the executable runs on the LabVIEW run time environment as compiled code.  If you try to call a sub-vi that was not in the dependancies of the build the caller would need to recompile.  the run-time engine has no compiler- so the app crashes

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 2 of 5
(2,391 Views)

Well the most common way is to enclude the vi's in the build spec either directly in the dependancies that the App builder automatically generates OR by declaring them in the build spec as "additional enclusions" (like you must do for dynamic vi calls in your app.

I have heard rummors about My.app Stuff.vi in a nugget Intaris posted- and I've wanted to dig deaper into Intaris' claims- but have not tried it myself.

If you go down the stuff.vi route Keep us curious guys posted Smiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,378 Views)

Thank you for your help I figured it out.  The remove front panel and remove block diagram boxes were checked under source file settings in the application builder.

Message 5 of 5
(2,370 Views)