From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to call a function with LABVIEW developed in CCS compiler

I used MPLAB (CCS compiler) to develop c code that is used to transmit and receive messages to and from an automotive display. It works great as a stand alone. I would like to call this function from LABVIEW but am having difficulty doing so. Does anyone have experience calling a MPLAB developed project from LABVIEW? Thanks in advance.

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,537 Views)

@PTE wrote:
I used MPLAB (CCS compiler) to develop c code that is used to transmit and receive messages to and from an automotive display. It works great as a stand alone. I would like to call this function from LABVIEW but am having difficulty doing so. Does anyone have experience calling a MPLAB developed project from LABVIEW? Thanks in advance.

Matt

MPLab is for programming PICs if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure how you would want to call a function compiled in MPLab from LabVIEW directly. MPLab will create binary code for execution on PICs and there is no LabVIEW that could run on a PIC. On the other hand I didn't think you could create standard Windows DLLs, Mac shared libraries or similar in MPLab at all.

You will have to recompile your code in a C compiler that can create the standard shared library format for the plaform you want to call it from LabVIEW.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,523 Views)