From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am tryi

ng to insert a .jpg or .gif file into specific cells in excel using active x. The only thing I have been able to do is insert a background picture for the entire screen. does anyone know how to insert a picture into a specific cell and/or a range of cells.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,501 Views)
ng to insert a .jpg or .gif file into specific cells in excel using active x. The only thing I have been able to do is insert a background picture for the entire screen. does anyone know how to insert a picture into a specific cell and/or a range of cells.I don't know what you exactly mean by adding picture in a cell. i have seen pictures added in Excel sheet but not in cell.
However i would like to add here that if you want to add picture on excel sheet, there is "AddPicture" method on "Shapes" object that lets you do that. you basically provide the path to image file and it will insert that into excel sheet. I have not tried adding it to cell but you might want to try. e.g using the RANGE object, you first set the active cell and then try adding pic to it.
Good luck,

Abdullah
Message 2 of 3
(2,501 Views)
ng to insert a .jpg or .gif file into specific cells in excel using active x. The only thing I have been able to do is insert a background picture for the entire screen. does anyone know how to insert a picture into a specific cell and/or a range of cells.Sounds good, but I tried to make it work and always get an 'error 1' back. Do you have a piece of code already done?
thanks in advance for help

Giovanni
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,501 Views)