cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am stuck in this VI help please

Solved!
Go to solution

hi guys,

Could you help me? I am studying Labview from a book and I could not find a way to form a component. I took a printscreen on and add it a paint file on the attachment. The componenet that I could not find the form is bordered by a red frame in the attachment.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,528 Views)

It's a constant. Just right-click on the input that takes this constant and choose Create->Constant, it will create what you need.

Br, Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,514 Views)

are you sure about that it is constant? when I added constant it will show me just a value but in the scheme there is an arrow for choosing one selection.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,507 Views)

That is the Enum constant. It allows you to select the allowed values for the enum type.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,502 Views)

@newbieeng wrote:

are you sure about that it is constant? when I added constant it will show me just a value but in the scheme there is an arrow for choosing one selection.

I forgot to ask you: how did you create the constant?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,499 Views)

@Miha Vitorovic wrote:

@newbieeng wrote:

I forgot to ask you: how did you create the constant?

I opened the pop-up menu of "Sample Clock VI" and then chose "Create-Constant"

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,493 Views)

Maybe you missed with your click?  If you right-clicked in the right place you should see the right enum.  You have to right-click exactly on the spot where you would connect a wire to.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,462 Views)

I am using labview 2009 academic suite. and I clicked the rgiht spot but there is no enum .

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,421 Views)

It's an Enum constant as mentioned. If the VI it connects to has an Enum as input you can r-click the input and create constant and you'll get one of those. Else you'll have to create one of your own (preferably as type-def) if you want a self documenting VI.

From a funtional standpoint it's an integer and you can connect a integer constant, but it's not as easy to read what your choice is then ...

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,404 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author newbieeng
Try creating a control and then changing that control to a constant.
Message 10 of 11
(2,393 Views)