From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am stuck and I need some help

I need to create a labview program which puts a random number(of people) into a fill tank at a certain time span(say once every 5s) and then every 6 seconds 4 people are removed from the tank and every 12 seconds 6 people are removed from the tank.  I'm really lost, and an indepth answer(i dont expect coding, but that'd be nice :] ) would be greatly appreciated. 

p.s I am using labview 8.0 so I can only open vi's from this program. And I've figured out how to input a random number of people at certain times, i just cant remove them @ different times...

Message Edited by csfragu on 12-14-2006 04:56 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,334 Views)

Message Edited by csfragu on 12-14-2006 04:57 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,328 Views)
please help me...(i'm desperate)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,304 Views)
(I just hope this is only a simulation and you're not trying to put real people into any tank... ;))

It sounds to me this is some kind of homework for a course, or similar. I won't give you a run-ready solution, but here are a few hints to get you started.

A "tank" is just an indicator, so you need something to hold the current tank level. I would suggest a shift register in a while loop. Feed it across a few case structures where you either increment or decrement the level, depending on elapsed time.

See how far you get.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,298 Views)

Not too far according to duplicated post

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=219942&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,256 Views)