LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for some information on ELAN protocol for Siemens analyzers and also some information on AK protocol for California Analytical Analyzers. Mainly I need a starting point to communicate with these devices for labview.

I am also looking for the protocol. Any help greatly appreciated.

ben.baker@csagroup.org

0 Kudos
Message 241 of 268
(951 Views)

Replied via private email to BenWa , earlier to Bekir , and thanks for the kind thoughts yaHeard !

Funny how this thread goes quiet for months, and then I'll get like three new requests in a short period.  I hope everyone who visits here has their profile settings for thread notifications turned on (MY SETTINGS : SUBSCRIPTIONS & NOTIFICATIONS>Notification Settings), so when others post to the thread, there's a potential community of ULTRAMAT (maybe even OXYMAT) users able to help.

Best regards all around,

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 242 of 268
(938 Views)

I am also looking for the protocol. Any help greatly appreciated.

rusartful@mail.ru

0 Kudos
Message 243 of 268
(902 Views)

Hello David,

soon I will have to play with the ELAN protocol too, could you send me your library please.

it might help me to understand the protocol better but I'll have to use a different programming language.

dechecchi.a@gmail.com

Best Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos
Message 244 of 268
(812 Views)

Alberto,

Sent you a reply with the usual LabVIEW library, including the Siemens ELAN PDF.  Good luck, it's not a trivial protocol to implement in any language environment due a few factors:

• messages must implement CRC computation
  • it uses a multi-character message start/termination sequence (<DLE><SOH>...<DLE><ETX>)
  • <DLE> characters in the message body must be escaped/un-escaped
  • messages have embedded ASCII NULLs, precluding the use of C-style string handling (not a problem for LabVIEW!)
  • apart from the character protocol, the interface is 2-wire RS-485, necessitating host transmitter control and echo ignore

You're not the first person who has found this forum thread and said they're not using LabVIEW, though.  The community will offer help as best they can.

Best regards,

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 245 of 268
(789 Views)

Dear David,

I also need to communicate with a Siemens gas analyzer with ELAN protocol.
I understood you have an ELAN LabVIEW library that could help. 
I would appreciate if you could send the library to this email: kvhmerat@yahoo.com
Thanks in advance,

Amir

0 Kudos
Message 246 of 268
(747 Views)

Hello David,

We're in the process of developing a driver for the ELAN protocol in C# to talk to some Ultramat 23 analysers.I would appreciate a look at your code to use as a reference, I have already noted your comments about embedded ASCII NULLs which is helpful.

I could also do with a tested ELAN simulator as we don't have our hands on the analysers at the moment. My email is fred@satsystems.co.uk

Fred Stokes

0 Kudos
Message 247 of 268
(712 Views)

Hi Ben,

Getting access to the information on the Siemens web site can be tricky.

I've attached the protocol for your reference.

Fred-S

0 Kudos
Message 248 of 268
(709 Views)

Fred,

Replied via corporate email.  Please confirm you've received, including ziparc attachment.  Employer is starting to increase security about outside emails/attachments, so if it doesn't appear, I don't want you to think I've ignored the request.

Best regards,

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 249 of 268
(698 Views)

Hello David,

Great to see that you are still active on this thread, I am also interested in your library. 

Could you send it to: willemdv97@gmail.com

Best regards,

Willem

0 Kudos
Message 250 of 268
(655 Views)