LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for some information on ELAN protocol for Siemens analyzers and also some information on AK protocol for California Analytical Analyzers. Mainly I need a starting point to communicate with these devices for labview.

Attention Everyone:

I have taken what Kirk had given me, and created a library of SubVI's for every possible command/response for the CAI 600P model using the AK protocol and an IP/TCP connection.

Most of them have been tested with my particular analyzer.

If anyone wants it, just reply and I can send a Zip file with the library that needs to be copied to one's user library folder i.e.. C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\user.lib

Unfortunately, I created it in LabVIEW 2011 and seems to have issues being backward compatible. Although I'm sure with a little effort one can remedy the situation.

If someone wanted to take it one step further, with a little work, it could be made into a dll or instrument driver.  

Cheers!

Message 102 of 266
(1,574 Views)

David, I am working on a project with LabVIEW and a Ultramat23. Please send me the vis for LabVIEW 7.1. My email address: ametov_dmitry@mail.ru

0 Kudos
Message 103 of 266
(1,551 Views)

Dmitry,

Replied via your email address with a zip archive.  Since these VIs were last saved in 8.2, you will need to post them to the "Version Conversion" message board and ask that they be back-saved to 7.1.

Please post your followup questions back to this thread so we can help get you up and running.

Best of luck!

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 104 of 266
(1,542 Views)

David,

I would be most appreciative of you could email your VIs to me also.  I am working on a project at GE Aviation using Siemens Ultramat 23 analyzer with RS232/RS485 converter.  email to jerryn@voldautomation.com.  Many Thanks.

Jerry

www.voldautomation.com

0 Kudos
Message 105 of 266
(1,516 Views)

Replied via email.

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 106 of 266
(1,512 Views)

Hi bhom63.  We are getting ready to use the CAI 600 series analyzers and I would like to take you up on your offer for the VIs you baked from Kirks starter dough.

My email address is:  michael.ashe@imaginatics.net

TIA!

0 Kudos
Message 107 of 266
(1,474 Views)

Hi,

I use some Ultramat 23 gas analyzers, but today i want to read their measures on labview. I'm used with their 4-20mA outputs, but instead of this i would like to use their rs485 port.  So it would be priceless if you gave me some ELAN protocol function, and advices for this communication.

Here is my mail : ylegall@groupe-atlantic.com

Thank you

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 108 of 266
(1,422 Views)

Yohmi,

I replied via email.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 109 of 266
(1,410 Views)

Hello Imaginatics,

I am so sorry that I did not reply. I just saw your post with the recent updates to this thread. Would you still like the VI package? They have been updated in the latest version of LabVIEW (2012).

0 Kudos
Message 110 of 266
(1,405 Views)