LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for some information on ELAN protocol for Siemens analyzers and also some information on AK protocol for California Analytical Analyzers. Mainly I need a starting point to communicate with these devices for labview.

Thanks, Kirk, for replying to this.  I'd never heard of a "Noxmat" before, and the Siemens E&A site didn't offer any clues as to its serial and TCP/IP interfaces.  I wouldn't have guessed that it was a rebranded device.

Just curious, are you still with the engine-testing group at Colo State?  Seems like there's been a lot of LabVIEW/ULTRAMAT/combustion-testing activity on this ol' thread since this spring...

Best regards,

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 21 of 266
(4,388 Views)

Hi Kirk,

TCP/IP  should work. I just got the TCP/IP communication working with the NOXMAT 600. So if you have any VIs for, that would be FANTASTIC. If you dont mind, please email it to me at huz@mit.edu.

Huz

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 266
(4,381 Views)

Hi Dave,

Yes, Still with CSU Engines & Energy Conversion Lab.  Traffic with this thread has pick up alot in the last 6 mo. Just as an FYI the Noxmat 600 uses a different measurment technique than the Ultramat series of analyzers.  It uses chemiluminesence  to measure nitric oxide(NO) with an internal catalyst to convert nitrogen dioxide to NO to get a complete NOx measurement, while the Ultramat series uses non-dispersive infrared technique for CO,CO2, & NO.

Regards,

Kirk

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 266
(4,368 Views)

Kirk,

We've just gotten a California Analytical Insturments 650 Noxygen analyzer, and I'm trying to get Labview to communicate through the TCP/IP Ethernet connection using AK protocol.  If you would have any VIs that I could use as an example, I would greatly appreciate it if you could send them to Aaron94322@aol.com.  I hope you're still reading this.

Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 266
(4,295 Views)

I there,

I use an ULTRAMAT 23 of SIEMENS, I want to read data of the gas analyser by RS485 protocol.  I have a PCI RS 485 of Quatech company.  Is it possible to acquire data from the analyser?

Thanks a lot

Gustave

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 266
(4,232 Views)

Gustave,

Yes, an ULTRAMAT 23 using the ELAN protocol can be controlled/monitored using the ELAN VIs I wrote.  The Siemens instruments are RS-485 2-wire, so you need to have an RS-485 interface that can operate in 2-wire mode with automatic transmitter control (sometimes documented as 2-wire TxRdy or 2-wire TxAuto; the transmitter is turned on/off with the first/last chars sent; also the receiver is inhibited during this time to avoid reception of transmitted chars).  I am not familiar with the Quatech board, but hopefully there is a comm driver option to make the port behave this way.  In other respects the interface is just like any RS-232 port.  If the Quatech interface does not do this, there are many excellent NI interfaces for RS-485.

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  Also, provide me with an email address (you can reply privately, check my profile) so I can send a zip archive of the VIs.

Best regards,

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
Message 26 of 266
(4,224 Views)

I Dave,

Thank you for your help.  I use LabVIEW 8.6.  You can send me the zip archive VI at dmorin@icc-rsf.com

Best regards

Gustave

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 266
(4,201 Views)

Gustave,

I sent you a zip via private email.  Please confirm that you got it OK.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
Message 28 of 266
(4,192 Views)

hi dave,

I want to communicate with my ultramat 23 with RS485 and ELAN protocol. I have a rs485-usb wire, hope it's ok. Can you help me?

Can you send me your vi ? I would be very usefull for me.

Edit : i use labview 8.6 

C.brouard@gmail.com

Thanks you in advance.

Message Edité par kriss00 le 11-18-2008 08:05 AM
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 266
(4,133 Views)

I replied via private email with a zip attachment of the driver files - oops, no subject line on the email.  Let me know that you have received the archive, and it is always good to receive feedback.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
Message 30 of 266
(4,100 Views)