LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for some information on ELAN protocol for Siemens analyzers and also some information on AK protocol for California Analytical Analyzers. Mainly I need a starting point to communicate with these devices for labview.

Dave,

May I have that VI to serve as an example?  my email is anthonyisu@gmail.com.  I am using Labview 8.2

Thanks!
Anthony
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 266
(4,621 Views)
Anthony,

It is not one VI but rather a set of VIs and custom controls/typedefs.  I sent you a zip archive by private email.  The files are a mix of LV8.0 and LV8.2.1.

I would be very interested to hear if you find them useful, and what your application is.  (This is true for Ludos, too, if he's still monitoring this thread.)

Best of success,
Dave

Anthonyisu wrote:
Dave,

May I have that VI to serve as an example?  my email is anthonyisu@gmail.com.  I am using Labview 8.2

Thanks!
Anthony

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 12 of 266
(4,609 Views)

Hi Dave,

We recently purchased a Siemens Ultramat analyzer and therefore I am very much interested in your set of vi's to communicate with it.

I would really appreciate it if you could send the vi's to esmit@interfocos.nl

Many thanks!

Best regards

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 266
(4,588 Views)

Eric,

Attached to a private email.  Let me know if you find them useful.  Since they were written for an Oxymat, not an Ultramat, you may find that some of the auxiliary functions are not applicable.  The structure and basic VIs for retrieving measurements should work without modification.

Best regards,

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
Message 14 of 266
(4,576 Views)
David,

Thanks for helping all these people out, it is sharing of ideas like this that keep discussion forums active. Since you have been bombarded with requests for your code, have you considered posting example code? We have recently updated the way users can share content and it is very user friendly. If you go goto http://ni.com/community/ you will see "Create Document" on the right hand side after you log in.  There you can submit your example code with comments. If you posted a link to the code in this thread, it will save the whole community lots of time.

Thanks again for your willingness to share!
-Marshall R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
One stop for all your NI-VISA Support

GPIB Support has a new homepage
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 266
(4,561 Views)
Hi all,

Just a feedback for Dave and his "magical" VI. I receive my ethernet/rs485 converter (from Moxa) this week and start testing communication with Oxymat61 and Ultramat23. It works very well. Siemens website hasn't many informations for ELAN protocol, so many thanks to Dave. His stuff was very useful.

I use these instruments in a bench for testing domestic heating equipment, with also thermal measurement (RTD and thermocouples).

Regards

Ludos
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 266
(4,540 Views)
Dave,
i hope you still have a look on this thread sometimes.
I would like to post my mail adress to. Could you send me your magic-code too?
We would like to test it with our Ultramat23

rschoeniger@autosoft-nb.de

Regards
Ronny

Message Edited by foxi@autosoft on 05-20-2008 04:30 AM
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 266
(4,439 Views)

I sent you a reply via private email at the address you specified.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
Message 18 of 266
(4,426 Views)

Hi Dave,

I am using NOXMAT 600 from Siemens. I am trying to write a driver for it in Labview 8.5 via AK protocol. I dont think NI has a driver for it. I was wondering if you could email me the driver for   OXYMAT/ULTRAMAT via ELAN. My plan is to edit the OXYMAT driver to fit the NOXMAT driver?

Huz

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 266
(4,296 Views)

Huz,

The Noxmat 600 is actually a rebadged California Analytical Instruments analyzer sold by Siemens and uses some different protocol that the Ultramat/Oxymat analyzers.  Are you using serial communication or  the built in ethernet port, we have written some code to talk to the Noxmat 600 through the ethernet port via TCP.  Although, I think the command structure would be the same for serial comm.  Let me know if you are intersted via this thread.

Kirk

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 266
(4,275 Views)