From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for some information on ELAN protocol for Siemens analyzers and also some information on AK protocol for California Analytical Analyzers. Mainly I need a starting point to communicate with these devices for labview.

Hello David,
I need to comunicate with a Siemens gas analyzer (ULTRAMAT 6E) through ELAN protocol.
I understood you have an ELAN Labview library that works very well.
Could you send me the code?
My email is sergio.romagnoli@sintechnology.com
Thanks in advance,

Sergio

0 Kudos
Message 231 of 266
(1,512 Views)

Hi David,

I am troubleshooting my own driver and would greatly appreciate if you could send your implementation to ericruud at gmail dot com. Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 232 of 266
(1,461 Views)

Hi Dave,

I too am one of the lonely soles looking for Ultramat 23 ELAN code. Would you be willing to share? My email is corey.sweatt2@geappliances.com

Thank you

Corey

0 Kudos
Message 233 of 266
(1,390 Views)

You're hardly lonely - it seems lots of people are doing gas analysis with these venerable instruments (the oldest one we had back at Philips/Respironics was manufactured in 1997).

Sent a zip to your email address.  Let me know if I can help with any followup questions - or post to this thread and other helpful folks may get back to you.  You should know, I've moved on from Philips/Respironics so I no longer have that hardware with which to interact.  But that shouldn't matter.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 234 of 266
(1,383 Views)

Hi Savior Dave,

I too am looking for the secrets of LabVIEW serial communication with the ULTRAMAT 23 (and NOxMAT 600) and would appreciate your help (zip).  My email address is baboedeker@aosmith.com

-Brett

0 Kudos
Message 235 of 266
(1,331 Views)

Brett,

Sent you the ELAN driver via an email attachment.  Sorry, can't help with the NOXMAT, but someone else in this thread probably can, if they're subscribed.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 236 of 266
(1,325 Views)

Hi David,

I hope you still check for updates on this thread. I need to communicate via Labview with an ULTRAMAT 6 for NH3 gas analysis at my university. 

Could you please share also with me your precious VIs collection, please?

my email is alfiero.leoni@univaq.it

Thank you so much in advance!

Alfiero

0 Kudos
Message 237 of 266
(1,290 Views)

Alfiero,

I sent you a zip archive of the library via email.  Please let me know you got it and also if you have any problems.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 238 of 266
(1,272 Views)

Hello David,
I need to comunicate with a Siemens gas analyzer (ULTRAMAT 23) through ELAN protocol.
I have read you have an ELAN Labview library that works very well.
Could you send me the code?
My email is bekir.calca@ykenerji.com.tr

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
Message 239 of 266
(1,207 Views)

I just wanted to add onto this thread to thank Dave. We're upgrading a lab that tests residential gas furnaces and we're using a Siemens ULTRAMAT 23 analyzer and a couple Alicat flow meters per test station. As with any new project I decided to do a quick search for existing LabVIEW drivers because I'm not interested in reinventing the wheel. I was pleased (and a bit shocked) to find Dave's name pop up for both instruments and he generously supplied his drivers for both instruments (Alicat now actually uses his driver on their website) and helped me with the initial setup for the ULTRAMAT 23, which is not intuitive. The drivers are well written and they saved me a LOT of time. Kudos to Dave!

Carlton
CLA
Message 240 of 266
(1,194 Views)