From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for some information on ELAN protocol for Siemens analyzers and also some information on AK protocol for California Analytical Analyzers. Mainly I need a starting point to communicate with these devices for labview.

Eric,

I replied to your email address.  Please let me know you received the archive, and it would be good for you to reply to this forum with your experiences.  If you have trouble getting your devices set up, myself or someone else here should be able to help.

Best regards,

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 91 of 266
(2,262 Views)
Hello, I'm facing the same problem as a lot of people on this thread, finding information about communicating with a Siemens ultramat 6 over RS-485. If someone could send me a documentation about the protocol required (ELAN or ..) and event some sample vi would be great. My mail : benoit.sottaz@bluewin.ch. Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 266
(2,247 Views)

Benoît,

I replied to your email with an attachment.  Please do confirm that you received it.  There are people here on this forum topic (including me) who can help you get set up.

Best regards,

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
Message 93 of 266
(2,241 Views)

David,

I am working on a project with LabVIEW and a Ultramat23. Please send me the vis for LabVIEW 8.6. I sent my email address in a private message to you.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 94 of 266
(2,207 Views)

Got notified of your PM earlier.  Will send you a zip archive shortly, possibly tonight.  After you receive the VIs, follow up here on this thread in the forum so others will be able to help you get set up.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
Message 95 of 266
(2,202 Views)

hi David,
i'm in the same condition of "nmcguff" but with LabView 2010.

can you help me? can you send me the VI for ultramat 23?

i sent to you a PM with my E-mail.
thank you in advance.

Rossed

0 Kudos
Message 96 of 266
(2,162 Views)

Rossed,

Here is what I used from the files Dave sent me. The Get Measured Value.vi is the only one I needed. I am communicating with the Ultramat23 using a USB to RS485 cable. You have to make a resistor bridge to connect the RS485 cable to the Ultramat23 or purchase one from Siemens. The details are on page 3 of the ELAN Interface Desctiption included in Dave's files.

0 Kudos
Message 97 of 266
(2,153 Views)

Rossed,

I replied to your email address.  Let me know that you got the zip archive attached.  If you have questions/problems getting it set up, you may want to post your questions to this thread.  There are probably many people monitoring this thread who have experience wtih ULTRAMAT/OXYMAT and ELAN.

Best regards,

Dave

P.S. to Norm - thanks, it's good to know that you were able to use the VIs for your application.

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 98 of 266
(2,149 Views)

Hello David,

I was wondering if I could get the VI's discussed in this thread. I am wanting to control a CAI 600p model in the similar fashion. If you could email me at bhorn@bakerrisk.com with the zip file that would be greatly appreciated! Incase that email rejects it, horn.bradleyj@gmail.com should be the fail safe.  Thank you very much in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 99 of 266
(2,094 Views)

Bradley,

The California Analytical NOXMAT devices (Siemens acquired this line some years back) use a different protocol from the ELAN OXYMAT/ULTRAMAT devices.  I don't have anything for you for this line.  But there are others on this thread who do.  You need to contact Kirk Evans, the lab manager at Colorado State's engines lab (read back through this thread and you'll see his postings).  Hopefully he's still picking up messages posted to this thread, otherwise you can email him directly.

Best of luck!

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
Message 100 of 266
(2,084 Views)