LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for some information on ELAN protocol for Siemens analyzers and also some information on AK protocol for California Analytical Analyzers. Mainly I need a starting point to communicate with these devices for labview.

Dave,

You are right, m.vanblijderveen should be replaced by m.blijderveen. Thanks for your reply!

Maarten

0 Kudos
Message 71 of 266
(2,235 Views)

Maarten,

OK, just tried again.  Please let me know that you received it.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 72 of 266
(2,228 Views)

Hello Dave,

I’m also very interested in your ELAN VI’s. We have just ordered at Siemens a 4th Ultramat6E analyzer for CO/CO2 measurement together with an USB/RS485 converter. We have used up to now the analog output of the Ultramat for data acquisition. I have the USB/RS485 working now with the free SIPROM software however I want to have it integrated in our LabVIEW environment just as it was with the analog output. It should be very nice if I can run your VI’s to achieve this. Siemens has delivered the W&T 36201 USB/RS485 converter.

Thanks in advance & best regards,

Geert Wever

geertDOTweverAThoneywellDOTcom

Department Application Center

Honeywell Combustion Controls EMEA

Emmen, The Netherlands

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 266
(2,160 Views)

Geert,

I just sent you a zip archive with the VIs, ctls, etc, plus an English copy of the ELAN manual from Siemens.  Please let me know that you received the attachment OK.  Good luck and let me know if you have problems making the VIs work.

Hope this is helpful!

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 74 of 266
(2,157 Views)

Hi David,

I am a Siemens Ultramat 23 user and I want to communicate it with Rs 485- USB converter via ELAN. I have  Labview 8.5 and as you can see I am new in Labview. Could you please send me your VIs and documants ?

As I read, you are sending these for a long time so I hope you can also give me help.

Sure I will reply you as soon as I take your mail and send feedback 🙂

My e-mail address  pinarcangal@hacettepe.edu.tr

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 75 of 266
(2,107 Views)

Pinar,

Please excuse the delay, the week before Christmas is a very busy time.  I've sent a zip archive to your email address.  Please confirm that you received it OK.

Best regards,

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 76 of 266
(2,063 Views)

Hi David 

I took your e-mail and the zip files, thanks for every thing 🙂

Best regards 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 266
(2,046 Views)

Hi David,

Thank you for providing this software package to the NI community. Could you send the zip file my way? I am in a similar situation - I'd like to pull data into LabView over ELAN from an Oxymat 6.

Thanks for your help,

Zach

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 266
(1,982 Views)

Replied via private email.

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 79 of 266
(1,964 Views)

Hi David,

sounds good what you have. I need to interface with ULTRAMAT and OXYMAT components but I didn't find any protocol description of the ELAN bus. Could you please send me your VIs or at least the protocol description?

Email: andreas.rzezacz@amc-systeme.de

Thank you very much.

Andreas

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 80 of 266
(1,874 Views)