LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for some information on ELAN protocol for Siemens analyzers and also some information on AK protocol for California Analytical Analyzers. Mainly I need a starting point to communicate with these devices for labview.

Thanks you very much for your email, i received it. I will work on this and will send a feedback to you.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 266
(3,268 Views)

Hi David I hope you're still reading this thread. I've recently been asked to develop a comm layer for the ELAN protocol, and I soon realized there's a lack on information on the web about it.

I read you developed VIs for it, so I'm asking where did you get the protocol specifications, and if you can share them with me.

My email is mairoldi@stasnc.it - thanks a bunch for any help you can give! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 266
(3,181 Views)

Hi Kirk

I am very interested in some example vi about AK protocol over Ethernet port.

Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Thom

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 266
(3,136 Views)

Hi Thom,

if you give me an email address I can send some examples to you.  Just reply to this thread.

Regards,

Kirk

Message 34 of 266
(3,129 Views)

Kirk,

Wow, I accidently ended up on the "other" end of this thread and realized it's fully five years old.

Five years and still useful - how cool is that?

Best regards,

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 35 of 266
(3,126 Views)
Mr. Boyd your code continues to be very useful. I too have embarked on a project which uses the Siemens Gas Analyzer and I could make great use of your VIs. If you are still willing to share them please send the zip file to dclark@tecnova.com.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 266
(3,014 Views)

I ran across this thread and I believe it answers my question. I'm ordering a CAI Analyzer which uses the AK protocol and intend to communicate with the device using Labview 2009. I'm looking for a starting point for setting up communication with the device (specifically it's a 600 Series NDIR CO Analyzer). It has an option for both RS-232 and TCP, so either example would be helpful right now.

Email: gdvorak@undeerc.org

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 266
(2,959 Views)

Greg,

I see this post has gone a few days without reply.  You'll need a response from EECL (Kirk at Colorado State's Engines & Energy Conversion Lab) - he's written LV code for the CAI device (also resold by Siemens).  It's a different protocol than the Siemens-developed ELAN devices (OXYMAT, ULTRAMAT).

Hopefully it's just the holiday break and he'll be back on here in a few days.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 40 of 266
(2,890 Views)