LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting the following warning: DWarn 0xF213C192: WRealWind(): NULL window

Occasionally, when I start up LabVIEW I am getting an error/warning dialog for the warning with code '0xF213C192'. I saved the log file, but I do not know how to interpret it. Is this something to worry about? I attached the log file, but deleted the reoccurring errors.

 

edit: I tried to search online for an error description, but can not seem to find any extra information.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(655 Views)

Hi Ongelofeloos,

 

what do you do in which order before that warning pops up?

 

This is part of the debug log:

####
#Date: do 9 mrt 2023 16:41:51
…
starting LabVIEW Execution System 2 Thread 0 , capacity: 24 at [3761221314,22347690, (16:41:54.223476887 2023:03:09)]
…
starting LabVIEW Execution System 5 Thread 7 , capacity: 24 at [3761222032,26105500, (16:53:52.261054993 2023:03:09)]

<DEBUG_OUTPUT>
9-3-2023 17:17:43.970
DWarn 0xF213C192: WRealWind(): NULL window

Do you note all those timestamps?

According to them you started LabVIEW at 16:41:51, but the debug output was created at 17:17:43…

Best regards,
GerdW


using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(635 Views)

Hi GerdW,

 

I have two log files that show the same warning and the timestamp correspond with the log file of my program. This warning happens when my program shuts down due to an error or LabVIEW Crashing. The error that occurs in one of the log files is when the program tries to delete menu items from a run-time menu attached to a table control (1162), causing the program to shut down uncontrolled. I have yet to discover the cause of my LabView crash.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(627 Views)

Hi Ongelofeloos,

 


@Ongelofeloos wrote:

This warning happens when my program shuts down due to an error or LabVIEW Crashing.


So there is the reason of that debug log: an error in YOUR program…

 

I guess you need to debug your program!

Look out for anything related to calling DLLs/ActiveX/dotNET… (That would be my first option to check.)

Best regards,
GerdW


using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(621 Views)

My guess is either that it is related to the run-time menu handler or the uncontrolled shutdown.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(617 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Ongelofeloos,

 


@Ongelofeloos wrote:

This warning happens when my program shuts down due to an error or LabVIEW Crashing.


So there is the reason of that debug log: an error in YOUR program…

 

I guess you need to debug your program!

Look out for anything related to calling DLLs/ActiveX/dotNET… (That would be my first option to check.)


That's jumping to conclusions. It could be a bug in LabVIEW.

 

If it is, a programmer can try to stop doing what causes the crash, but that doesn't make it the programmer's error. It's still a bug in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(599 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Ongelofeloos,

 


@Ongelofeloos wrote:

This warning happens when my program shuts down due to an error or LabVIEW Crashing.


So there is the reason of that debug log: an error in YOUR program…

 

I guess you need to debug your program!

Look out for anything related to calling DLLs/ActiveX/dotNET… (That would be my first option to check.)


That's jumping to conclusions. It could be a bug in LabVIEW.

 

If it is, a programmer can try to stop doing what causes the crash, but that doesn't make it the programmer's error. It's still a bug in LabVIEW.


Yes, but at the same time that DWarn message is most likely a red herring. It is not so much the cause of the problem as much more one of the results of another problem. DWarns are DWarns for a reason.

 

They simply indicate: I detected something that should not have happened but I have dutifully tried to work around the problem.

 

Fatal things are typically reported as DAbort! This is more analogous to: Help something really bad has happened and I have no idea how to recover from this. I give up and kill myself!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(584 Views)