LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting errors that indicate the the licence has expired when running an executable file on another computer

I am trying to run a compiled program as an exe on another computer. After several days it now comes up and indicates that the licence has expired.

The code was compiled using labview 2009 sp1 and ran for several years until now. There is no other labview product on the computer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,805 Views)

What makes you think that a license has expired?  NI provides LabVIEW Run-Time license for free.  The only licenses that may occur is some toolkits require a deployement license.  Some of these tool kits are things like DSC, Vision, and ECU Measurement just to name a few.  It doesn't sound like this is the issue if it was running for years so I don't know what could have happened.  It would help if you showed a screen shot of the license expired dialog, or even the license manager to show what things are installed and what aren't.

Has the PC had any changes since the issue?  Changing network devices like adding a wireless card, or changeing ethernet devices can cause the PC ID to change, and then the license will need to be reactivated.  This can be done again through the license manager but without more information like what actually happening, I can only guess.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,789 Views)
The program after it runs for a few mins will pop up a small dialog Box tha says "labview licence has expiered" and then the program stops.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,767 Views)

You answered one of about 6 questions I had and didn't post a screen shot of anything.  To help you any further please provide more information.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,734 Views)