LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I/O name filtering dialog not appearing

am using the book 《Labview for everyone》to learn labview. I have a problem in chapter 11, Activity 11-4. I dropped a "DAQmx Physical Channel Control" on my front panel, and I can just see the analog input channels. So I right-click on the control, and selected the "I/O name filtering..." from the pop-up menu. But nothing happened. So, i put " DAQmx Global Channel control" ont he front panel and tried the same, but the dialog box didn't  appear even in this case. I want to know why, and how to resolve it.

By the way, I have no physical NI DAQmx Device, but having created a simulated one. Is it necessary having a physical NI DAQmx Device to make the "I/O name filtering..." to respond? I hope I have expressed my problem clear. Any suggestion will be help, thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,925 Views)

@Zypher wrote:

am using the book 《Labview for everyone》to learn labview. I have a problem in chapter 11, Activity 11-4. I dropped a "DAQmx Physical Channel Control" on my front panel, and I can just see the analog input channels. So I right-click on the control, and selected the "I/O name filtering..." from the pop-up menu. But nothing happened. So, i put " DAQmx Global Channel control" ont he front panel and tried the same, but the dialog box didn't  appear even in this case. I want to know why, and how to resolve it.

By the way, I have no physical NI DAQmx Device, but having created a simulated one. Is it necessary having a physical NI DAQmx Device to make the "I/O name filtering..." to respond? I hope I have expressed my problem clear. Any suggestion will be help, thank you very much!

I have LabVIEW 2013 on my laptop at home. There is no physical NI-DAQmx device. I didn't even set up a simulated device.

But "I/O name filtering..."  works for me.

Which version of LabVIEW are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,884 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 2014 on my laptop.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,826 Views)

@Zypher wrote:

I am using LabVIEW 2014 on my laptop.

I have LabVIEW 2014 32-bit on my work PC.

I don't have a physical DAQ board. I don't have your problem.

I'd suggest re-installing NI-DAQmx 14.0

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,824 Views)

Did you solve the problem? I have the same problem, LV 2018.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,945 Views)