LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I NEED MAKE A CHRONOMETER WITH MULTI LAP AND MULTI TIMES

I NEED MAKE A CHRONOMETER WITH MULTI TIMES AND MULTI LAPS, THE DATA SHOULD BE STORED IN DIFFERENT DISPLAYS, THEY WOULD BE FOUR IN TOTAL

THANKS
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,795 Views)

Hi there are many ways for making a chronometer in LabVIEW you can use time stamp, tick count or even better the Elapsed time express VI. For using the multiple clocks it’s really easy in LabVIEW you just have to make 1 chronometer and make it into a sub-VI, using reentrants sub-VI.

Here is a simple example you just have to customize it for your application.

There is a discussion forum in Spanish

Benjamin C
Principal Systems Engineer // CLA // CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,762 Views)

This sounds like a description of the "Goop Timer Toolkit"

See here

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=B45EACE3EDA756A4E034080020E74861

That eaxample (I believe) was originally developed by Jim Kring of JKI, see here

http://www.ni.com/devzone/lvzone/member_kring.htm

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,753 Views)
I NEED TO MAKE A CONVERSION OF A NUMBER TO A STRING TO TRANSMIT IT VIA SERIAL IN A DECIMAL OR BINARY WAY, FOR EXAMPLE, IF I HAVE THE NUMBER 5 IN ASCII THAT I SPEND AT 00000101 OR 5 IN DECIMAL.

THAT HAPPENS TO ME IS THAT I HAVE THE NUMBER 5 IN A NUMERIC CONSTANT AND IT TRANSMITS IT TO ME AS 53 IN DECIMAL.

WHAT WAY CAN TRANSFORM THIS INTO DECIMAL OR BINARY FORMAT SO THAT IT CAN BE TRANSMITTED VIA SERIAL AND DOES MICROCONTROLLER UNDERSTAND IT LIKE IT IS?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,679 Views)

hola benjamin , con respecto al archivo adjunto utilizast el elapsed time para hacer un cronometro. Estuve haciendo algo similar expresando el tiempo con este formato 00:00:00,00. Mi pregunta es si al cronometro generado con labview lo puedo tambien visualizar tambien en un display a leds de 4digitos ,7 segmentos , externo (pcb)? que formato le darias al tiempo para poder mostrarlo en el diplay y que puerto usarias??,, Alguna sugerenciaaa?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,354 Views)

Spanish to English translation (google):   hello benjamin, with respect to attachment utilizast the time elapsed for a timer. I was doing something similar this time expressing 00:00:00,00 format. My question is whether the timer generated with Labview as well I can also see a display to 4DIGIT leds, 7 segment, external (pcb)? what format would you give the time to show it on the diplay and port you would use?,, Some sugerenciaaa?

You are referencing a 4 year old post with a new hardware twist. I would recommend you start a new thread with a more descriptive title, e.g. "connecting an external LED display" or similar. You can still link back to this thread here.

Of course I cannot see how you could ever show eight digits (00:00:00,00) on a four digit display, but maybe something got lost in the translation. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,293 Views)