From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would you import an Excel Spreadsheet of Data into Labview?

I'm working on a VI that needs to use 2 large 1D arrays of Data.  I was wondering if there was a way to take an excel file that is either a 1D vector or a 2D matix (2 columns by N rows) and and import the Daya in Array format into Labview for use in my VI? 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(16,342 Views)
There is a "read from spreadsheet.vi" that will import the spreadsheet data into labview.  Do a search in the tools palate for it.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(16,336 Views)

Hi

If you want to select which data you want to read then you could also use Excel as ActiveX control and then you could read selected data to LV application.

bogdani

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(16,332 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for posting to the NI Discussion Forums!  There are a 2 main ways to get data to/from Excel – 1) use ‘spreadsheet’ files which are nothing more than some delimited data format, and 2) ActiveX.  I suppose a subset of (2) is the Report Generation Toolkit for LabVIEW but we’ll leave that one alone for now.  Searching for “Excel” on the ni.com website returned over 800 hits, so I believe that there should be tons of information out there on the subject.  After reviewing the documentation please let me know if you had any specific questions on anything – we’re happy to help!

Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
Message 4 of 7
(16,317 Views)
Yes there is a lot of staf regarding to reading from Excel  files.

bogdani

Message Edited by bogdani on 05-03-2006 12:07 AM

Message 5 of 7
(16,303 Views)

Hii NI Forum Members,

I would like to plot the XY graph  (2 vertical axes with pressure and temp and 1 horizontal axis time),in parallel the values are generated in excel sheet with 3 columns and with multiple rows.

Hence,How can i import the excel sheet columns and rows and plot the generated excel sheet values in XY graph of LabVIEW

Waiting for your vauable reply,

Raj

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(7,603 Views)

Since you are new to this forum, please go through the quick intro on how to use this forum. 

Please start a new thread for your question.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(7,593 Views)