LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would I go about building labview VI that has multiple camera functions?

Solved!
Go to solution

The increment counter is the i terminal in a while/for loop.  Every time the loop runs it outputs an incremented number.  Its output is a double.  You can convert the double to a string, concatenate the string with your file name (put the number at the end), and then convert that string to a file path.  There are VI's that perform each of these functions for you.  This way you will have a new file name each time the loop runs.

Nick Keel 

Applications Engineering 

National Instruments

Nick Keel
Product Manager - NI VeriStand and Model Interface Toolkit
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(620 Views)
Ok, I got that working. Now do you have any idea on how I could control how many images will be saved. I tried using a for loop around the save portion of the VI, but that didnt work.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(614 Views)
Anyone have an idea on how I could control the number of images I am saving?
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(610 Views)

The for loop seems like a good method.  You would need to have it around the acquisition part as well though, or else no data would get into the loop. What about the for loop method didn't work?

Nick Keel 

Applications Engineering 

National Instruments

Nick Keel
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(605 Views)

Well once the saving is done I want the grab to continue running. So I cant really put anything around the acquisition part because it will stop when the for loop stops.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(603 Views)
Anymore ideas that can help me?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(592 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bonesaw

Hi Bonesaw,

Instead of using a for loop you can use a case structure.  You can get one image per iteration and then when you have taken all of the images that you want you can switch to the other case and stop saving images.  You can perform an increment function in the true case (where you are saving images) and use a shift register on the while loop.  Once the shift register has incremented to the desired number of images you can switch to the false case and stop saving images.   

Nick Keel 

Applications Engineering 

National Instruments

Nick Keel
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(584 Views)