LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write to both .csv and binary format files

Hi, I am very new to labview. I have been given the programme to process measurement data and save the data into .csv format. But the file in .csv format is very large. So on top of the .csv, I would like to save the processed data into another binary file at the same time. I have attached the .vi to this post, I tried to add an write to binary function to the programme, but there are quite a few errors. Could someone give me a hand please? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,445 Views)

I don't want to sidetrack your request for help too much but have you considered using TDMS file format?

See this link:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3727

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,435 Views)

I agree that TDMS is worthwhile looking into.

As far as your issue: which errors are you referring to? Are you referring to the missing assignments to the tunnels? That's due to the fact that you did not wire a value for the other case. An output tunnel must generate a value for all cases. You can right-click on the output tunnel and select "Use default if unwired". In this case the value will be the default value for whatever datatype is being generated. If you are referring to other errors, please be specific.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,430 Views)