LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write continuously to HDF5 file dataset?

I'm using Live HDF5 with LabVIEW to write data read from an oscilloscope to an HDF5. I am reading at 8192 samples/sec and would like to write a new row containing every 8192 samples every second to the dataset. However, it seems I can only write to each dataset once though I might be doing something wrong, so for now I'm writing the data to a 2D array and then once the stop button is pressed writing that array to the HDF5. Is there any way to write to the HDF5 continuously?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,333 Views)

Not sure about that library...

I simply copied C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\Utility\MD5Checksum.llb and put the state data in a class's private data. That way, I can add data whenever I want, and get the MD5 hash whenever I want.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,322 Views)

Sorry about that. Dyslexia kicking in. MD5 != HDF5...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,275 Views)

There seems to be a DataPlugin (Run List DataPlugins.vi with 'web' as source). Not sure if that's what you're using.

Also, post what you have...\

Also see Re: Storing H5 file data as array in Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,271 Views)

Trekkie123,

If it is not an issue can you share your vi, only the part where the data from hdf5 is saved to/fro from the array in LabVIEW. I have been struggling to implement it for a few days using the same library (LVHDF5).

Thank you in anticipation.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,258 Views)