LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view change in signal over specified time

I'm trying to create a .vi that will view an incoming signal (temperature or pressure, in this case), compare it to data over a specified amount of time, find the delta, and if it fits into a set range, output a true boolean.

In real terms, I want to view a temperature over, say, the last five minutes, and if the delta is less than two degrees, light up a boolean.

I know I'll need the elapsed time module, with a control multiplied by sixty for the "time target", and the "time has elapsed" as the boolean control. I'm assuming it will also look at a comparison between the present values and the values stored in an array and if it's outside the specified delta it will output a true value to the "reset". This will also have to reset the array, is my assumption.

I'm new to programming in general, and LabVIEW, so that's about as far as I got in the logic before I decided to see what the forums have to offer.

Thanks,

-Ian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,434 Views)

@iyeager wrote:

In real terms, I want to view a temperature over, say, the last five minutes, and if the delta is less than two degrees, light up a boolean.

You want to light up the boolean if the delta is less than 2 degrees the entire time, with no exception?
Or do you mean on average it was less than 2 degrees?

Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,433 Views)

Delta is less than two degrees in that five minutes, with no exception. We're looking for a stable condition before acquiring a datapoint.

In our case, the temperature will slowly rise over time than begin to plateau. I want to illuminate the boolean at the plateau.

-Ian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,424 Views)

Is this steps in the right direction? Seems like it should work, anyone see any flaws here?

-Ian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,412 Views)