From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use writekey.vi to write Keys ONLY

BTW - there is an option to write a raw string - no quotation marks.  I hope you didn't modify the LabVIEW write key code to work around your issue.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 11 of 16
(470 Views)

Hi , I did modify Writekey vi to remove addQoute and rewire it, and it work for me.

Thank You.

JDiaz

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(461 Views)

Until you do a project where you need the quotation marks!

Or until you take this project and run it on another PC where the vi.lib files weren't hacked to get rid of the quotation marks!

Message 13 of 16
(453 Views)

@billko wrote:

BTW - there is an option to write a raw string - no quotation marks.  I hope you didn't modify the LabVIEW write key code to work around your issue.

The raw string option only controls whether or not the string is escaped, there are quotation marks either way.

I needed this exact modification (and I actually changed it so the raw string option did not add quotes).  To achieve this I had to copy the entire library and now maintain my own separate version outside of vi.lib.  The simple fix would be to add a new version of Write Key (String).vi, but all of the subVIs are private to the NI library.  That is why I think long and hard about anything I mark private, it simply cripples code reuse if misapplied.

Message 14 of 16
(437 Views)

Well, I did my own WriteKey.vi w/o quoted marks,so this will part of my own application which finally will be an executable file.

JDiaz

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(409 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

@billko wrote:

The raw string option only controls whether or not the string is escaped, there are quotation marks either way.

I needed this exact modification (and I actually changed it so the raw string option did not add quotes).  To achieve this I had to copy the entire library and now maintain my own separate version outside of vi.lib.  The simple fix would be to add a new version of Write Key (String).vi, but all of the subVIs are private to the NI library.  That is why I think long and hard about anything I mark private, it simply cripples code reuse if misapplied.

I must have mis-remembered that.  Doesn't surprise me.  Sometimes I have a "creative" memory.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 16 of 16
(398 Views)