LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use write to spreadsheet VI to export data to excel?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Neil,

you should always reference the message you're talking about…

When you ask for PAnands snippet: use a filename extension of "CSV". Excel will happily read the file created by LabVIEW!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(2,911 Views)

@Neil_Helsel wrote:

How did you get that to save as an .xlsx file because when I attempt to open the file excel says it can't read it?

If you are using a comma as the delimiter, then make sure you are saving your file as a *.csv.  I using the tab, then *.txt.  Excel will read these two formats if you set them up properly.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(2,909 Views)

hey. DFGray.

i am having problem with logging rate . i am getting to many values in 1 second can u explain further how to avoid it.

i am attaching the screen shot for ur refference.

i want to log data only IFF  the data which i am willing to store has been changed.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(2,096 Views)

Hi Begine,

i want to log data only IFF  the data which i am willing to store has been changed.

Then you should program your VI according to your requirements!

What's your problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(2,093 Views)

how to skip that multiple entries in excel file? 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(2,090 Views)

in the vi attached. i want to log current cycle , time date, and some few parameter will be there. i  am getting so many numbers in a while. how can i modify this?

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(2,088 Views)

Hi Begine,

Again: follow your requirements!

Only save the new data when they different to previous ones…

On your VI:

- Why do you use While loops when you know the number of iterations? Use FOR loops!

- Using BytesAtPort is most of the time wrong. When you messages don't use a TermChar their length should be known…

- Why do you need to split wires when they transport the very same value?

- You might think about using a proper state machine instead of all those loops-inside case structure-inside loops…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(2,084 Views)