LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use waveform chart for slow data

For slow data acquisition (e.g. 1 sample / sec) in the case of using DMM, how to display those data in a chart / graph?

For this sampling rate, there will be only 1 point in the chart. 

How to buffer them and display them in a sequence?

Or, any other method?

thanks

chart.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,137 Views)
A single point would be wired directly to a chart indicator.

Your image does not seem to have anything to do with your question. The single point acquisition would just be inside the whole loop - no for loop. It's also silly to convert to dynamic data.

With context help turned on, move your mouse over the chart to get a description of the possible data types for a single or multi-trace chart.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,130 Views)

hi Dennis,

The convertion is automatically done by Labview.

And, I have 2 channels, so I can't wire them directly to 1 chart / 1 graph.

Also, I use for loop to test more than 1 data, e.g. 10 data, i can see those 10 points in the chart.

But, what i want is to be able to see previous data as well as current data plotting in a scope / chart. 

Do you have another possible solution?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,121 Views)

Here is a quick example showing chart, graph and XY graph.  All YOU need to do is use a chart and wire your DMM reading right to it.  Charts have their own built in history (you can change the buffer size by right-clicking > Chart History Length)

For more info see the Examples...  Building User Interfaces > Displaying Data > Graphs and Charts

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,103 Views)