From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use token for instruments sharing?

I am working on the parallel test architecture, now faced a question that how to share instruments among multiple devices under test (DUT for short)?

Suppose we need 2 instruments for the functional test, and 8 DUTs will test in parallel. If instrument 'A' is occupied by DUT #6, so it will be LOCKED until DUT #6 release the token after test complete. Then the instrument 'B' is occupied by DUT #2. Other 6 DUTs will waiting in the queue one by one, and they only can using the two instruments in turns after DUT #6 & #2 release them.

Is there any reference code? Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

"I think therefore I am"
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,733 Views)
TestStand is perfect for this. All of the functions for this are built-in. I once looked into doing everything in LabVIEW but it just wasn't cost effective. Delivered in a much more timely manner as well.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,725 Views)

Thanks for reply.

Of course I know NI teststand, but I am not going to use it. I wanna write my own code. Do you have any suggestion?

"I think therefore I am"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,720 Views)
Do you want to complete all tests for dut a before moving to dut b or is it test 1 dut 1, test 1 dut 2, etc.? Is there a mux to switch the different instruments to different duts?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,712 Views)

All DUTs are test in parallel asynchronously, once a DUT finished all test sequence, it can be removed and put a new DUT for testing.

And, all DUTs can connected to each instruments independently through switch, once a DUT get the token, test program will switch this DUT to the right instrument.

"I think therefore I am"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,707 Views)