LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the "Get Shared Variable List" VI on an RT target?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'd like to programatically iterate through all the shared variables in a library hosted on my CompactRIO. I dropped the "Get Shared Variable List" VI into my Real-Time VI, but when I tried deploying it, LabVIEW said

Deploying PRC_GetVarList.viPRC_GetVarList.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.
LabVIEW: Failed to load shared library dscProc.dll:ni_lvdsc_process_GetTagListEnd:C. Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.
LabVIEW: Failed to load shared library dscProc.dll:ni_lvdsc_process_GetTagListBegin:C. Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target.

I looked at the MAX Software Wizard, but couldn't find any DSC-related modules. Where should I be looking?

Thanks!

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,576 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKSH

Hello,

The DSC palette is not supported on Real-Time VIs and will lead to errors when deployed.  Unfortunately, to have a successful build you will need to modify your application and remove any of the VIs from the DSC palette on your RT Target.

Regards,

M. Whitaker
ni.com/support
Message 2 of 2
(2,559 Views)