LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use my Omega Daq 56 in Labview

I'm having trouble making it so labview reconizes my omega daq 56.  None of the other threads have really helped me much.  I'm using Labview 2010.  I can't find where to install drivers or even which driver to install.  I'm hopeless I need somebody's help to make this work. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,527 Views)

If there is a LabVIEW driver, you need to ask Omega about where to get it and how to use it. It wll never be visible in MAX, though.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,518 Views)

You should install the PDaq LabVIEW support to the National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010 folder because this folder is in the standard path. Please access the Personal Daq Example Library.llb file which contains all the examples. This file will be located in the folder: LabVIEW 2010\User.Lib\Data Acquisition\PersonalDaq.

You can download the labviewpdaq5xsetup.exe from here -

ftp://ftp.omega.com/public/DASGroup/products/OMB-DAQ5455%2656/

Please note that pDAQ-50 series will work on 32-bit Operating systems only as USB driver is not compatible with 64-bit OS yet.

Data Acquisition Group

Omega Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,481 Views)

Thanks for the help guys, I can open up VIs for the DAQ now, however I can't develop a block diagram to take the inputs from the instrumentation and have it output to graphs in the front panel.  Any help would be great.  Thanks for everything so far

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(4,415 Views)

Just to add to my previous post, the instrumentation doesn't show up in the  block diagram when attached to the DAQ either

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,404 Views)

What do you mean?  Do you mean that the functions aren't showing up in your palette?

Have you run the setup program?

Did it install any files to the User.Lib folder under \program files\national instruments\labview xxxx  ?

Did it put an .mnu file in in that folder?

Have you shutdown and restarted LabVIEW since you ran the install program?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,394 Views)

The functions show up in the pallet, I just have no idea how to connect it all together.  I'm not trying to do anything fancy, I just want to collect measurements from my instrumentation then have it displayed and recorded to a file

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,391 Views)

That is a completely different question,

Have you taken any LabVIEW tutorials?

LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Six Hours

Do the files you downloaded have any examples to show you how the various subVI's would interact?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,384 Views)

So sorry everybody that I probably wasted some of your time by not doing enough myself beforehand, but thank you for the help I've received so far.  At least I've finally realized what I need help with.  

I'm having difficulty programming Labview using the Example VIs provided by Omega.  I have found and installed the examples but I am having problems modifying them to my specific needs.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,338 Views)

UPDATE:  So I've managed to successfully set up the DAQ to take in values and display them as an array on the strip chart.  Can anybody help with taking that array and saving the data to a file, and then also breaking up the array, so the data can be displayed on different Thermometers, pressure gauges, etc on the front panel, also so that calibration can be done for each input so that it is recorded as a pressure instead of a voltage for example.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,314 Views)