LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use mathscript to operate on multi-channel data?

Adnan,

Here are some other information. I removed the while loop and case loop. When I compiled the .vi to the .exe file, there was an error:

A name collision occurred during the build.  VIs were renamed to protect the build.  If any dynamic calls were made to the following VI, unexpected behavior can occur:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\vi.lib\Analysis\Matrix\Support\ComplexMatrix\Methods\Numeric.llb\Multiply - CM,C.vi

When I ran the .exe file, the data were measured, and then there was no responding. So, I guess the error was caused by MathScript used in the .vi file. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks,
Qifu

Message Edited by Qifu on 05-08-2007 12:10 PM

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(657 Views)
Hi Qifu,

If you don't want the executable to run when opened, you can change the property at File -> VI Properties; and choose Execution. And, when building the executable, be sure to visit the Source File Settings section.

If you are getting an error during the build, have you already done this:
  • Right click on the build specification for the executable in the project explorer.
  • Select "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
  • In the application properties window, select the "Advanced" category.
  • On the right side of the window, check the option to "Enable MathScript Support"

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(647 Views)
Adnan,

I didn't find the option "Enable MathScript".

Here are options available in "Advanced":
Pass all command line arguments to application
Enable debugging
Disconnect type definitions and remove unused polymorphic VI instances
Copy error code files
Use the default LabVIEW configuration file (LabVIEW.ini)
Use the default project alias file
Enable ActiveX server

I use verion 8.0. Is it a reason there is no option "Enable MathScript"?

Thanks,
Qifu
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(641 Views)
Hi Qifu,

If you just navigate to Start -> Programs -> National Instruments -> NI License Manager and LabVIEW Development System, what system is activated for you? Does it say 'with Mathscript'?
Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(634 Views)
Adnan,

The product activated is "Professional Development System with MathScript".

Qifu
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(632 Views)
Qifu,

I am sorry I missed the fact that you have LabVIEW 8.0.
LabVIEW 8.0 MathScript does not currently support the LabVIEW Application Builder:
After creating a VI-based application, you might want to create a stand-alone application or DLL to distribute the application. If any VI in your application uses a MathScript Node, you cannot build the application into an executable with the LabVIEW Application Builder. LabVIEW does not generate an error, and there is no workaround. Do not use a MathScript Node in LabVIEW applications that you intend to build.

LabVIEW MathScript Known Issues and Limitations
Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(628 Views)
So I think that I should either upgrade the version or replace the MathScript node with vi blocks.

Thank you very much for your help.

Qifu
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(624 Views)