cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use cursors on Smith Chart?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

Last 7 days , i was trying to point some markers on Smith chart.

Please suggest any method to implement this. i want to mark some points on smith chart and get data.

thank you,

dg7318

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,874 Views)

@dg7318 wrote:

Hi everybody,

Last 7 days , i was trying to point some markers on Smith chart.

Please suggest any method to implement this. i want to mark some points on smith chart and get data.

thank you,

dg7318

labview\examples\picture\demos.llb for an example of using the Smith Plot VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,849 Views)

thankyou nyc,

I am seeing the demos.llb but nothing is mentioned about using cursors or markers. 

I am plotiing impedance on smith chart. I want to put some markers on the chart. I also want to control the placement of those markers. I wish to get data (impedance and frequency) wherever the marker is positioned. 

Again thanks for ur help.

dg,

the things that seems to be impossible first, after completion gives u real happiness..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,829 Views)
Solution
Accepted by dg7318

Got the answer, first we have to make the marker (a cross, a triangle or some other shape), then we have to change its location by changing index of impedance array. So for each index the marker will have a specific R and X values, which will be as per requirement

dg7318

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,699 Views)

Hi,

I saw this thread and it is marked as resolved. I am also trying to do the same thing and couldn't find anything related from NI. Is it possible to share what you did to place markers on Smith Chart?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,007 Views)