From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a thermal camera in Labview (Optris PI 640)

Solved!
Go to solution

The DLLs will give you thermal data in U16 form. You don't need the NI vision acquisition software (IMAQdx) for this. 

One can simply display the data in an intensity graph or picture indicator (both free). Not sure how to have a simple user ROI with those. 

Easiest ROI is in labview vision development module (=license cost).

Convert to an U16 or SGL grayscale image (imaq array to image) and present in image display. This has ROI tools built in. 

Extract using ROI and get the max value.

Should be straight forward.

Best of luck

/David

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 33
(997 Views)

Do you by any chance have the IR_VISA Open.vi , IR_read Temperature.vi , IR_acquire ImageGraph.vi , IR_VISA CLOSE.VI ? 

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 33
(764 Views)

Hi! It's finally great to see a thread that discusses the hassles of connecting a thermal Imager to LabVIEW. As everyone has said above in the thread, I've been trying for the past month to get the thermal images into LabVIEW. I'm currently using the same SDK given by micro epsilon and am using a Micro-Epsilon Thermal Imager, from the site evacortex(something on the lines of this). I've been able to generate real-time video in the LabVIEW IDE using a while loop. Initially had to hit the get "thermal button" to get single frames.

I initially tried using a normal VI which I had used to get a USB camera data into LabVIEW, unfortunately, I have also ended up with the GSOD(Green screen of death, which I now call it as a joke); where you have a light green screen and some red pixels at the left bottom corner.

I have been able to make the SDK work, but I'm trying to figure out a way to export the video footage from LabVIEW for a session. But I'm not getting any luck there! Any ideas anyone??? It's also safe to say that I'm not a pro at LabVIEW either.

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 33
(671 Views)