LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a thermal camera in Labview (Optris PI 640)

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you for your reply.

I did not quite understand those steps.

Can you explain me more? And if you can posted screenshot I will be grateful.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33
(4,099 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gookman

Sure thing bud. Here is a screen shot regarding step one.

SS1.PNG

This is the program source folder for the Optris PI Connect program. (C:\Program Files (x86)\MICRO-EPSILON Messtechnik GmbH u Co KG\TIM Connect). I downloaded the program from a company called Micro Epsilon, but I think it should be on the CD that comes with it. Notice how I made that folder named "Imager.exe"

Now, within the Imager.exe folder, cut and paste all these files in there. These were originally on the source folder.

SS2.PNG

Now try running one of the example VI's that I included in my first post such as "IPC_GettingStarted-0.vi" 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(4,086 Views)

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33
(4,076 Views)

Hello,

I tested your solution, but the problem that NI MAX does not recognize my camera. You had the same problem? You have an idea how to solve this?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33
(3,969 Views)

I actually never checked if NI Max recognized my camera (I don't think it did), but What's important is that Optris PI connect recognizes the camera. The example VI's simply transfer the data from Optris PI connect to the VI

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
(3,964 Views)

When the camera is not connectable to NI MAX, the VI program does not recognize the camera and it displays an error at the input (VISA_open). So if the camera is not detectable on NI MAX we can not perform the simulation.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33
(3,959 Views)

Hi Gookman,

I also am stuck trying to program an Optris PI 450 camera in LabView. I tried to contact Optris directly, but they never answered.

I downloaded the first 4 files from your original post, but they ask me for the SubVIs. Would you possibly be able to upload those VIs or direct me to a link to find them?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(3,809 Views)

Hello,

I have the same problem, and my boss contacted the supplier and we had an answer, indeed you can not drive Optris PI 450 under labview, the provider does not give access. Only the PI 640 which is usable under labview.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(3,790 Views)

Thank you for the response!

That is a shame to hear, I guess I will have to look at alternatives then.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(3,782 Views)

Disregard this message

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(3,770 Views)