From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a higher order Mother Wavelet for the Undecimated Discrete Wavelet Transform

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone. I am trying to compare results obtained from the Matlab's app Wavelet Design and Analysis , which uses a Daubechies 40th order Mother Wavelet in order to avoid partial overlapping between adjacent bands, for a MCSA (Motor Current Signature Analysis) application. I am using the Undecimated Wavelet Transform. For this VI I have used, for selection of the Mother Wavelet, both the wavelet input and the Analysis Filter terminal, along with the Wavelet Design VI; the maximum order of mother wavelet, in the above options, was 14. What can I do to increase the order of the Mother Wavelet?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,814 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author janotron

Hi janotron

You can serch in the examples of labview Wavelet Order Selection if you explore this example you can see how to increase the value of the Wavelet, also if you have the file with the value of the wavelet you can use the walevert filter to read from a file. 

Here is a link that explain how to create the value of the walevert Custom Wavelet Analysis Using Signal Processing Toolkit in LabVIEW

Like I mencioned before the wavelet could then be processed using the Wavelet Filter, here is the link that explain how to use the walevert filter WA Wavelet Filter VI

Regards

Brenda Vargas

Message 2 of 2
(2,676 Views)