LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a common place robotic arm in labview

Hi so I am trying to write a program that will use the common place robotic arm to sort blocks into piles when the right logic has been found. But the common place robotic uses a program called CProg to control the movement and program the robotic for mapping. So I want to know if there is a way of using the two together or just using labview to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,888 Views)

Hi EJBB,

it would really help when you would supply more information on your "common place robotic arm" and its software…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,864 Views)

http://cpr-robots.com/products/mover6.html This is what I am using, but I have no idea how to link that up with labview

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,861 Views)

Hi EJBB,

just citing from the linked website:

Of course the robot can also be controlled by another software, the CAN protocol is well documented.
Starter Set: The enable an easy start the starter set contains all necessary parts: the robot arm, a stand, a two finger gripper, the mains adapter, USB to CAN adapter and the CPRog software.

So you got the needed USB-2-CAN adapter and a documentation of the protocol…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 4 of 6
(2,858 Views)

Would you be able to help me understanding the protocol and how to use it within labVIEW? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,825 Views)

Hi EJBB,

Would you be able to help me understanding the protocol and how to use it within labVIEW?

I probably would be able to do so - but I don't like to spend my spare time on this…;)

To actually really write a LabVIEW VI to handle the CAN communication I would need to get the robot, the USB stick and a better manual. (And some money for my work…)

- Their user manual describes the CAN messages needed to control the robot arm.

- Their user manual is somewhat vague on describing the message IDs and when to use them. But they offer support by phone and email!

- Their user manual doesn't mention how to communicate with the USB-2-CAN stick…

- Their user manual also describe how to write "batch" files for their CProg tool…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,810 Views)