LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use SEA GSM Module on different slot of the cRIO 9073

Hello to All,

I have a SEA GSM+ Module on my cRIO 9073 at slot 7. I run the example program included in the resource CD as well as compiling the FPGA driver on my target but still don't work. Power supply is connected on the module. I don't know what I am missing. I followed strictly below steps as indicated in the read me text file but still nothing works. Please help.

How to switch the FPGA Target on LabVIEW
----------------------------------------

Complete the steps only if you use FPGA target other than 9104.
1.  Add your new Compact RIO Target to the project
1.  Add the new FPGA target below the cRIO-RT Target.
3.  Drag the Gxxx folder from the original FPGA target and drop it into the new FPGA target. Make sure, that the module with its IOs, the FIFOs and the FPGA VI are integrated
4.  Recompile the main VI - FPGA_App.vi, which is located in the Gxxx folder. A new bit file is created (.lvbit)
5.  Open the Gxxx_Open.vi and select the just created bit file within the 'Open FPGA VI Reference.vi'.
6.  Bind to TypeDef using ..Shared/Shared_TypeDefs.llb/Gxxx_FPGA_RefNum.ctl.
7.  Close all VIs and do a "Save All, this project"

Thanks in Advance,

Joey

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,222 Views)

Hi Joey,

Does the module work in any other slot? Just to clarify, you are using code that was provided with the module, correct?  Were you able to successfully compile the FPGA code?  Are you getting any particular errors, or are you just not receiving data from the module?

Best,

Jeff S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,184 Views)

Hello Jeff,

The module is not working in any slot. Yes, I am using the sample code provided with the module name "Gxxx.lvproj". And also the FPGA is successfully compiled. Please see attached file for the error I received by the module.

I already see this error in this forum and it was answered by powering the module by the external power supply. I already powered it. but still got an error.

For the clarification, I am not using the  "SEA cRIO-Combo plus" module in the project rather I am using "SEA cRIO-GSM plus". I also attached the sren shotof the manual. I don't see any Toolkit Software manual in the resource CD and on the SEA website.

Best Regards,

Joey

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,172 Views)

It seems like you have to use slot number 1 from the manual... instead of slot number 7

You can also mass compile the driver and examples or contact SEA support directly!

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,160 Views)