From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Analog Discovery 1 and Labview to communicate over I2C with a Bosch BNO055 Sensor

Hello,

I try to communicate with a Sersor (Bosch BNO055) over I2C to aquire acceleration data and maybe some other values from the sensor in further applications. In Waveforms and with an example Sketch for Arduino it is possible to do in a simple way, but for a Lab Session in our University I need a possibility to do that with Analog Discovery (V2 or better V1 [that one I have allready here]) and Labview. The reason for the Analog Discovery is, that we would like to purchase and use them for other Lab Sessions too.
Now my question is: Do you know if it is (realtively easy) possible to setup a VI which communicate over I2C with the Sonsor? It should not be to complicated, because the students will have to do it on their own with some help.
The only thing I know so far which could be helpfull is LINX but I didn't manage to setup a I2C communication with an Analog Discovery. I failed very early to set the right I2C Channels because I don't knew what is needed for the Analog Discovery.

Do anyone have experience with that and tips for me?

Best Regards
Marc

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,712 Views)

Hello,

According to this document it is doable:

https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/instrumentation/guides/waveforms-protocol-analyzer

(1,475 Views)