LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use 1 analog input channel to start/stop aquire sample from second analog input channel?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a little problem. I've just been programming in labview for 2 weeks.

I'm trying to figure out how to use one of my analog input channel on the USB-6009 to start/stop (start and reference triggering) acuire samples from the second analog input channel.

I need the first analog input channel to run continuously and control the sampling on the second one.  When the second channel starts sampling the program makes a new graph each time and saves it (I've figure all that out).

How can I set up the triggering so the program will start acuire at for the second channel when the 1 channel reaches above  2V (f.ex) and stop when it goes down below 2V.

I'm using a force pressure sensor on the first channel that gives me just straight (up to) 5 V when it's pressured and nothing when it's not... 🙂

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,451 Views)

USB-6009 does not support analog triggering.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,438 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author smelkur

Great... thanks for the information!

But can't I then make an array from the 1 channel instead and wait until the max element  meats a  certain value?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,432 Views)

Sure, you could do it per software, but remember you just have software timing then and Windows has a big jitter.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,427 Views)