From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload data from thingspeak to labview?

I am using thingspeak to output my data into graphs and charts, however, is there anyway to export the data from thingspeak to labview? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,151 Views)
I would think that LabVIEW's HTTP client VIs would do the trick for you. Apparently ThingSpeak uses standard HTTP as the interface mechanism, but when you access ThingSpeak instead of it returning a web page, it returns a chunk of data.

You will of course need to convert the string representation of the numbers into numeric representations, like in the MATLAB examples.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,139 Views)

Can you please made an example or a tutorial to how to make it using Labview for both raed and write.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,561 Views)

This example shows the http get in combination with a thingspeak channel.

Message 4 of 7
(5,188 Views)

thank you (and kudos) for sharing this VI Roland.  It helped me figure out my type mismatch error during unflatten from json while reading data from thingspeak.  I also had to make my channel public in order to get the connection.  I have my user and pass in the openhandle block but i kept getting a bad response.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,431 Views)

Thanks a Ton

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,816 Views)

Is there an MQTT Thingspeak example ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,853 Views)