From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the Left shell string in Tree Parallely

Hi Friends,

I am using Tree Control and subpanel in the same front panel.....  For example the subpanel will load the authentication.... in that he user will enter the name ... at the same time while the user types i want to update that value in the Tree control ..... how to do that....parallely..... 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,712 Views)

One of the right-click menu options on the string control is "Update Value While Typing".  If you select this option, then you'll get a Value Change event firing every time someone enters a character in the string.  You could use these events to update the Tree cell as the user types.

Message 2 of 5
(2,706 Views)

Darren wrote:

One of the right-click menu options on the string control is "Update Value While Typing".  If you select this option, then you'll get a Value Change event firing every time someone enters a character in the string.

I never knew this before! Smiley Happy

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,697 Views)

parthabe wrote:

Darren wrote:

One of the right-click menu options on the string control is "Update Value While Typing".  If you select this option, then you'll get a Value Change event firing every time someone enters a character in the string.

I never knew this before! Smiley Happy

I guess that means it would make a good nugget...I'll add it to my list.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,678 Views)

But I already knew that checking this option will update the indicator connected to it dynamically. Smiley Happy

So, from this info, now I can go ahead implementing this feature as a User Input option for even ML Boxes & Tables.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,669 Views)