From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update points in XY graph

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,I have used XY graph to plot a Curve.But i have problem with updating the new points.I will take a data in every 10s and plot it in graph.But if the value of x-axis is same then i have to clear previous point and update with new one.how can i do that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,399 Views)

Just create a new array of X values for the XY chart's cluster. The XY graph has no memory. It just plots whatever you send it.

Have you looked at the graph example that ships with LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,395 Views)

I tried much with two example below. From first i can plot every point of curve.but i need replace previous point if the x-axis value is same . From second i can plot only one point not a curve..it updates every time either x-axis value is same or not.I know it is because of For loop which run once.I need to plot a graph inside while loop.should i use for loop inside while loop??is there another way to do it??

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,383 Views)

I have no idea how your examples are supposed to work, or how they explain your problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,371 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tadhika

I have to replace previous point with new point if the value of x-axis will be the same.I am taking a data in every 10s.In every 10s should plot one point.if sometime the value of x-Axis will be the same then it should replace the Previous point with new one.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,351 Views)